Dell Storage for Citrix XenDesktop
Robust, scalable virtual remote desktop solutions
A Citrix® XenDesktop® virtual remote desktop solution can enable complete data protection, centralised control, simplified life-cycle management and low total cost of ownership (TCO). Together, Citrix XenDesktop and Dell™ enterprise storage solutions can provide a comprehensive virtualised environment — encompassing enterprise clients, servers and storage resources — to support extensive scalability, automation and data protection. With advanced virtualisation and storage platform integration through the Citrix Essentials™ StorageLink™ API, Dell can provide simplified management, storage provisioning, intelligent backup, rapid recovery, and capacity growth — live, in production XenDesktop environments, with virtually no application interruption or downtime.
Dell offers implementation support for this solution worldwide, through Dell Global Infrastructure Consulting Services. This support may include advice, readiness assessments, design, training, and other services necessary to help ensure the solution meets the specific needs of the virtualisation program.
- Seamless, nondisruptive, scalable, enterprise-class storage platforms for Citrix XenDesktop
- Advanced integration and automation that efficiently scales, manages and protects growing Virtual Remote Desktop environments
- Customisable and streamlined virtual desktop deployments through a broad offering of Dell Service packages
EqualLogic virtual iSCSI SANs for Citrix XenDesktop environments
A virtual remote desktop solution based on Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS Series SANs and Citrix® XenDesktop® can enable full data protection, centralised control, simplified life-cycle management and low total cost of ownership (TCO).
The integrated deployment of Dell EqualLogic PS series SANs and XenDesktop supports VMware® ESX Server and Microsoft® Hyper-V™ virtual server platforms, in addition to XenServer®. This solution provides a comprehensive virtualised environment — encompassing enterprise clients, servers and storage resources — to deliver extensive scalability, automation and data protection.
Through a collaborative effort, Dell and Citrix have pre-integrated Citrix XenDesktop and Dell EqualLogic PS Series via the StorageLink™ utility in Citrix Essentials™. With this adapter module, IT Administrators now have the ability to manage numerous storage operations centrally, and to automatically assign tasks best suited to storage or server segments accordingly, improving overall performance and efficiency.
Key Benefits of Dell EqualLogic for Citrix XenDesktop
- Enterprise-class, fully redundant architecture that provides high availability and seamless scalability for your Virtual Remote Desktop environment
- Comprehensive data protection and disaster recovery for your Virtual Remote Desktops
- Advanced integration and automation via Citrix Essentials StorageLink Adapter for Dell EqualLogic
- Single management interface to reduce administrative workloads and increase the efficiency of Virtual Remote Desktop environments
- Accelerated virtual remote desktop deployments through intelligent storage load balancing
- Flexible management of storage resources, graceful scaling, and reduced complexity, resulting in lower TCO