Dell EqualLogic PS6100XV Array
Deploy an enterprise storage solution built for performance
Dell’s EqualLogic PS6100XV is an enterprise-class iSCSI SAN array ideal for organisations looking for the highest-performance tier of hard disk drive (HDD) storage for business-critical applications.
The EqualLogic peer storage architecture delivers a self-optimising SAN that is extremely simple to manage and has an all-inclusive software suite to help reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). The PS6100XV uses 15,000 RPM Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) 2.5” disk drives to deliver high performance for databases and online transaction processing applications.
With a 24 drive chassis full of 300GB SAS or SAS SED drives, the PS6100X delivers a 7.2TB iSCSI storage array in a 2/U rack, providing optimal IOPS/U. Built on fully-redundant, hot-swappable enterprise hardware and a front-loading rack, drive changes can be made without disruption.
Scale out capacity and performance by adding additional arrays for a virtualised iSCSI SAN. Built-in software functionality includes SANheadquarters (SAN HQ) Multi-SAN historical performance monitoring, automated load balancing, Microsoft and VMware application integration, snapshots and replication, multi-path I/O, consistency sets, and much more.
Seamlessly integrated with all other Dell EqualLogic PS Series storage arrays, the PS6100X expands your ability to optimise performance and capacity using storage pools and tiers matched to application demands. And with online data movement between tiers, you gain flexibility to adjust without disruption as your business evolves.
Dell EqualLogic PS6100XV – Great for:
- Reducing the storage footprint by optimising performance per rack U
- Mission-critical high I/O database applications: Oracle & SQL OLTP, etc.
- Virtual server and virtual desktop deployments
- Massive heavy Exchange deployments with 10s of thousands of mailboxes
- Consolidation of top-tier application data
- Scale-out capacity and performance
Designed to scale with your business
Fulfill your high-performance mission-critical needs with the PS6100XV iSCSI array, a Dell Fluid Data™ solution with a virtualised scale-out architecture that delivers enhanced storage performance and reliability that is easy to manage.
- Help eliminate downtime and performance penalties with smooth, incremental SAN expansion.
- Grow your virtual storage alongside your virtual server growth.
- Change hardware without disruption.
- Add or remove arrays at will, according to policy, age, application or business needs
- Easily mix new disk or network technologies in the SAN.
- Move volumes (databases/VMs) online between any pool or disk resources.
- Avoid forklift upgrades or data-in-place migrations that cost time and money.
- Automatically balance loads across disks and multiple arrays in a pool.
- Help eliminate manual redistributing of capacity or application workloads (downtime and services costs).
Choose your array
Build more powerful storage for critical applications using PS6100XV arrays. With 24 high-performance 2.5” SAS HDDs and up to 7.2 terabytes of capacity in a 2U chassis, the PS6100XV GbE iSCSI array is an ideal solution for enterprise, government and education sites.
The Dell EqualLogic PS6100 Series family features:
- Dual controller for built-in redundancy
- Four GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- Options for 12 or 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K SAS, or 15K SAS drives or solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Cache-to-flash memory destaging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
Grow confidently with advanced Array Software features
Meet your current storage needs and future data management requirements with EqualLogic™ Array Software.
- Synchronous Replication: Maintain two identical copies of a volume across two different storage pools in the same PS Series for real-time data protection.
- Volume Unmap: Recover unused space previously allocated to thin-provisioned volumes for better storage capacity utilisation and cost-effectiveness.
- Snapshot Space Borrowing: Temporarily increase the available snapshot space for a volume by borrowing from the snapshot reserve of other volumes and pool-free space, improving your capacity management.
Dual controllers, each with 4GB memory for PS-series firmware. Each controller provides cache to flash for data protection.
Hard Disk Drives
Twenty-four (24) 15K SAS (or SAS SED) hot-pluggable hard disk drives (Twelve (12) drive configuration available. Please contact your Dell Sales Representative for details)
2.5″ 15,000 RPM SAS drives available in 146 GB*
2.5″ 15,000 RPM SAS (or SAS SED) drives available in 300 GB*
3.5 TB2 using twenty-four (24) 146 GB2 15,000 SAS disk drives
7.2 TB2 using twenty-four (24) 300 GB2 15,000 SAS (or SAS SED) disk drives
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Windows® 2000 Server, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Server® 2008, including Hyper-V™, Windows Vista®, Windows Server® 2008 R2 including Hyper-V™, Windows XP®, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, SUSE® Linux® Enterprise, Sun™ Solaris™, IBM® AIX®, HP-UX, Mac OS® X, VMware® ESX Server 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, ESXi 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, Citrix® XenServer™, Novell® NetWare®
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50
Four (4) copper per controller + One (1) dedicated management port
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group.
Vertical port sharing
Redundant hot-swappable controllers, power supplies / cooling fans, and hot-swappable disks
Individual disk drive slot power control
Enclosure Monitoring System
Automatic spare configuration and utilisation
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drive
SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support
SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase 700 W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 624W; +5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700W
Height: 2U / 8.68 cm (3.41 inches)
Width: 44.63 cm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 54.1 cm (21.3 inches)
Weight: 24.49 kg (54 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 cm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 cm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 cm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 36.2873 kg (80lbs)
Dell ReadyRails™ sliding rails for square-hole 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to snap into place with screws or other hardware
Dell VersaRails sliding rails for 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to be mounted in racks whose posts have round holes
Environmental Operating Conditions
Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
EqualLogic Array Software
Dell delivers comprehensive end-to-end solutions to help you store and manage your data so you can efficiently move the right data to the right place at the right time for the right cost. EqualLogic™ array software and host software are part of these solutions and are included with your EqualLogic array purchase, providing all the tools your organisation needs for a complete storage area network (SAN) solution.
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of features that help you manage, protect and optimise your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management while the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility helps minimise downtime when transferring large amounts of data. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family.
Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
- Virtualises SAN resources
- Enables peer scalability of up to 16 arrays
- Provides intelligent data management functionality
- Automatically adjusts system resources
- Optimises performance
- Reduces human intervention
EqualLogic Host Integration Tools
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
- Comprehensive data protection and availability
- Integrated storage management
- Reliable performance
- Streamlined array configuration
EqualLogic SAN Headquarters
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralised monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.