Dell EqualLogic PS6110X Array
High-capacity performance with easy, flexible management for highly consolidated enterprise environments.
The Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS6110X is a virtualised 10GbE iSCSI SAN that combines intelligence and automation with fault tolerance to provide simplified administration, rapid deployment, enterprise performance and reliability, and seamless scalability.
With 10,000 RPM SAS or SAS SED disk drives in a 2U form factor, the PS6110X array provides up to 21.6TB of storage for an excellent balance of cost-effective performance and good capacity. The PS6010 line features two 10GbE controllers with SPF+ and 10GBASE-T port options so you can leverage your existing infrastructure or build out lower-cost 10GBASE-T.
All PS Series storage arrays include SAN configuration features and capabilities that sense network connections, automatically build RAID sets, and conduct system health checks to help ensure that all components are fully functional. The Dell EqualLogic SAN line is designed to exceed the rugged requirements of the data center. The PS6110X includes fault-tolerant capabilities through fully redundant and hot-swappable components-dual 10GbE controllers, dual power supplies, and disk drives with hot spares.
With advanced storage features once available only to top-tier data centers, the PS6110X enables best practice storage for every size organisation. Unlike traditional SANs, the Dell EqualLogic PS Series includes software features expected from an enterprise-level SAN at no extra cost and with no additional licensing fees. For example, the EqualLogic Array Software automatically tiers data to optimise pool performance at the sub-volume level-delivering the right data to the right place at the right time. The PS6110 Series 10GbE arrays can use Data Center Bridging to improve Ethernet quality of service and greatly reduce dropped packets for an end-to-end solution, from host adapters to iSCSI target.
Additionally, all Dell EqualLogic arrays include other advanced software features, like SAN HQ and Host Integration Tools, at no additional cost. SAN HQ multi-SAN historical performance monitoring and analysis tool provides consolidated performance and robust monitoring of multiple virtualised EqualLogic SAN groups distributed across different data centers and remote offices. Dell EqualLogic Host Integration Tools offer efficient data protection and simplified management and operations features for your EqualLogic SAN through tight integration with Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® products. Using Host Integration Tools, you can reduce time spent on tedious storage management tasks while increasing the reliability and performance of your EqualLogic environment.
The PS Series scales on-demand – and online – allowing storage growth without disrupting applications. As a result, EqualLogic PS6110X arrays provide exceptional flexibility at a low total cost of ownership.
- Microsoft® Exchange, SQL, and virtual server workloads
- Storage consolidation
- Tiered storage, as a performance-oriented tier
- Tiered storage applications and consolidation
- Scale-out capacity and performance
- Improved Ethernet quality of service through Data Center Bridging
- Virtualisation environments with increased I/O
Designed to scale with your business
Balance high performance with high-capacity in the cost-effective PS6110X 10GbE iSCSI array, a Dell Fluid Data™ solution with a virtualised scale-out architecture that helps enable enterprise-class server consolidation and virtualisation.
- Leverage your existing infrastructure with 10GbE SFP+ or build out your network with new, cost-effective 10GBASE-T (both supported).
- Help eliminate downtime and performance penalties with smooth, incremental SAN expansion.
- Grow your virtual storage alongside your virtual server growth.
- Change hardware without disruption.
- Add or remove arrays at will, according to policy, age, application or business needs
- Easily mix new disk or network technologies in the SAN.
- Move volumes (databases/VMs) online between any pool or disk resources.
- Avoid forklift upgrades or data-in-place migrations that cost time and money.
- Automatically balance loads across disks and multiple arrays in a pool.
- Help eliminate manual redistribution of capacity or application workloads (downtime and services costs).
Build more powerful storage using PS6110X 10GbE arrays. With high-performance 2.5” SAS HDDs and up to 21.6TB1 of capacity in a 2U chassis, the PS6110X is an outstanding solution for Microsoft® Exchange servers, databases and high-I/O virtual server environments.
- Dual 10GbE controllers and dual power supplies designed for built-in redundancy
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 24 hot-swappable 10K SAS (or SAS SED) 2.5” drives
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Sharing, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
- EqualLogic Host Software that extends the functionality of the array-based software to enable cooperation with the host
- Host Integration Tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® products as well as EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SANHQ) management software
Grow confidently with advanced Array Software features
Meet your current storage needs and future data management requirements with EqualLogic™ Array Software.
- Synchronous Replication: Maintain two identical copies of a volume across two different storage pools in the same PS Series for real-time data protection.
- Volume Unmap: Recover unused space previously allocated to thin-provisioned volumes for better storage capacity utilisation and cost-effectiveness.
- Snapshot Space Borrowing: Temporarily increase the available snapshot space for a volume by borrowing from the snapshot reserve of other volumes and pool-free space, improving your capacity management.
Dual controllers, each with 4GB memory for PS-series firmware. Each controller provides cache to flash for data protection.
Hard Disk Drives
Twenty-four (24) 10K SAS (or SAS SED) hot-pluggable hard disk drives
2.5″ 10,000 RPM SAS drives available in 300 GB, 600 GB and 900 GB
7.2 TB* using twenty-four (24) 300 GB 10,000 SAS disk drives
14.4 TB using twenty-four (24) 600 GB 10,000 SAS disk drives
21.6 TB using twenty-four (24) 900 GB 10,000 SAS (or SAS SED) disk drives
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Windows® 2000 Server, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Server® 2008, including Hyper-V™, Windows Vista®, Windows Server® 2008 R2 including Hyper-V™, Windows XP®, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, SUSE® Linux® Enterprise, Sun™ Solaris™, IBM® AIX®, HP-UX, Mac OS® X, VMware® ESX Server 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, ESXi 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, Citrix® XenServer™, Novell® NetWare®
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50
10GbE Network Interfaces
10GbE connectivity with one (1) 10GBASE-T with RJ45, one (1) 10GbE SFP+ for fiber or twin-ax copper cabling, and one (1) 100BASE-TX dedicated management port per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other Dell EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group.
Vertical port sharing
Redundant hot-swappable controllers, power supplies / cooling fans, and hot-swappable disks
Individual disk drive slot power control
Enclosure Monitoring System
Automatic spare configuration and utilisation
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drive
SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support
SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700 W
Height: 2U / 8.68 cm (3.41 inches)
Width: 44.63 cm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 54.1 cm (21.3 inches)
Weight: 25.4 kg (56 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 cm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 cm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 cm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 37.1973 Kg (82 lb)
Dell ReadyRails™ sliding rails for square-hole 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to snap into place with screws or other hardware
Dell VersaRails sliding rails for 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to be mounted in racks whose posts have round holes
Environmental Operating Conditions
Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Operating Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985.