Dell EqualLogic PS6110E 10GbE iSCSI Array
Powerful, flexible, high-capacity storage
The Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS6110E is a virtualised 10GbE iSCSI SAN that combines intelligence and automation with fault tolerance to provide simplified administration, rapid deployment, enterprise performance and reliability, and seamless scalability.
With NL-SAS or NL-SAS SED disk drives, the PS6110E delivers great cost-per-gigabyte and up to 72TB* of high-capacity storage in a 4U form factor. The PS6010 line features two 10GbE controllers with SPF+ and 10GBASE-T port options so you can leverage your existing infrastructure or build out lower-cost 10GBASE-T.
All PS Series storage arrays include SAN configuration features and capabilities that sense network connections, automatically build RAID sets, and conduct system health checks to help ensure that all components are fully functional. The Dell EqualLogic SAN line is designed to exceed the rugged requirements of the data center. The PS6110E includes fault-tolerant capabilities through fully redundant and hot-swappable components-dual 10GbE controllers, dual power supplies, and disk drives with hot spares.
With advanced storage features once available only to top-tier data centers, the PS6110E enables best practice storage for every size organisation. Unlike traditional SANs, the EqualLogic PS Series includes software features expected from an enterprise-level SAN at no extra cost and with no additional licensing fees. For example, the EqualLogic Array Software automatically tiers data to optimise pool performance at the sub-volume level—delivering the right data to the right place at the right time. The PS6110 Series 10GbE arrays can use Data Center Bridging to improve Ethernet quality of service and greatly reduce dropped packets for an end-to-end solution, from host adapters to iSCSI target.
Additionally, all EqualLogic arrays include other advanced software features, like SAN HQ and Host Integration Tools, at no additional cost. SAN HQ multi-SAN historical performance monitoring and analysis tool provides consolidated performance and robust monitoring of multiple virtualised EqualLogic SAN groups distributed across different data centers and remote offices. Dell EqualLogic Host Integration Tools offer efficient data protection and simplified management and operations features for your EqualLogic SAN through tight integration with Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® products. Using Host Integration Tools, you can reduce time spent on tedious storage management tasks while increasing the reliability and performance of your EqualLogic environment.
The PS Series scales on-demand—and online-allowing storage growth without disrupting applications. As a result, EqualLogic PS6110E arrays provide exceptional flexibility at a low total cost of ownership.
- Common business application workloads, moderate I/O databases
- Capacity-focused applications
- First-time SAN buyers who want enterprise features, scalability & ease of use
- DAS or SAN consolidation
- Cost-effective disaster recovery
- Scale-out capacity and performance
Designed to scale with your business
Fulfill your high-capacity needs with the PS6110E 10GbE iSCSI array, a Dell™ Fluid Data™ solution with a virtualised scale-out architecture that delivers enhanced, flexible storage performance that is easy to manage.
- Leverage your existing infrastructure with 10GbE SFP+ or build out your network with new, cost-effective 10GBASE-T (both supported).
- Help eliminate downtime and performance penalties with smooth, incremental SAN expansion.
- Grow your virtual storage alongside your virtual server growth.
- Change hardware without disruption.
- Add or remove arrays at will, according to policy, age, application or business needs.
- Easily mix new disk or network technologies in the SAN.
- Move volumes (databases/virtual machines) online between any pool or disk resources.
- Avoid forklift upgrades or data-in-place migrations that cost time and money.
- Automatically balance loads across disks and multiple arrays in a pool.
- Help eliminate manual redistribution of capacity or application workloads (downtime and services costs).
Build capacity for your mid-tier data center with versatile PS6110E arrays. With 12 or 24 nearline serial-attached SCSI (NL-SAS) 3.5” drives and up to 72TB1 of capacity, the PS6110E combines maximised capacity and optimised scalability with simple, flexible management.
- Dual 10GbE controllers and dual power supplies designed for built-in redundancy
- Dedicated 10/100 management port for each controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 24 hot-swappable 7.2K NL-SAS drives
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Sharing, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
- EqualLogic Host Software that extends the functionality of the array-based software to enable cooperation with the host
- Host Integration Tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® products as well as EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SANHQ) management software
- Enhanced security with self-encrypting drives (SED)
Grow confidently with advanced Array Software features
Meet your current storage needs and future data management requirements with EqualLogic™ Array Software.
- Synchronous Replication: Maintain two identical copies of a volume across two different storage pools in the same PS Series for real-time data protection.
- Volume Unmap: Recover unused space previously allocated to thin-provisioned volumes for better storage capacity utilisation and cost-effectiveness.
- Snapshot Space Borrowing: Temporarily increase the available snapshot space for a volume by borrowing from the snapshot reserve of other volumes and pool free space improving your capacity management.
Dual controllers, each with 4GB2 memory for PS-series firmware. Each controller provides cache to flash for data protection.
Hard Disk Drives
Twenty-four (24) NL-SAS hot-pluggable hard disk drives
3.5″ 7,200 RPM NL-SAS drives available in 1 TB2, 2TB, or 3 TB (3TB also available in NL-SAS SED)
12 TB using twenty-four (24) NL-SAS disk drives
24 TB using twenty-four (24) 1 TB NL-SAS disk drives
48 TB using twenty-four (24) 2 TB NL-SAS disk drives
72 TB using twenty-four (24) 3 TB NL-SAS or NL-SAS SED disk drives
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Windows® 2000 Server, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Server® 2008, including Hyper-V™, Windows Vista®, Windows Server® 2008 R2 including Hyper-V™, Windows XP®, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, SUSE® Linux® Enterprise, Sun™ Solaris™, IBM® AIX®, HP-UX, Mac OS® X, VMware® ESX Server 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, ESXi 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, Citrix® XenServer™, Novell® NetWare®
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50
10GbE Network Interfaces
10GbE connectivity with one (1) 10GBASE-T with RJ45, one (1) 10GbE SFP+ for fiber or twin-ax copper cabling, and one (1) 100BASE-TX dedicated management port per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group
Vertical port sharing
Redundant, hot-swappable controllers; power supplies / cooling fans, and hot-swappable disks
Individual disk drive slot power control
Enclosure Monitoring System
Automatic spare configuration and utilisation
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drives
SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support
SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase 1080W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 924W;+5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 1080 W
Height: 4U / 17.5 cm (6.89 inches)
Width: 44.63 cm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 57.5 cm (22.6 inches)
Weight: 45.36 kg (100 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 905 cm (35.63 inches) Width: 616 cm (24.25 inches) Depth: 508 cm (20 inches)
Packaged weight: 54.4338 Kg (120 lb)
Dell ReadyRails™ sliding rails for square-hole 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to snap into place with screws or other hardware
Dell VersaRails sliding rails for 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to be mounted in racks whose posts have round holes
Environmental Operating Conditions
Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Operating Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
EqualLogic Array Software
Dell delivers comprehensive end-to-end solutions to help you store and manage your data so you can efficiently move the right data to the right place at the right time for the right cost. EqualLogic™ array software and host software are part of these solutions and are included with your EqualLogic array purchase, providing all the tools your organisation needs for a complete storage area network (SAN) solution.
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of features that help you manage, protect and optimise your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management while the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility helps minimise downtime when transferring large amounts of data. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family.
Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
- Virtualises SAN resources
- Enables peer scalability of up to 16 arrays
- Provides intelligent data management functionality
- Automatically adjusts system resources
- Optimises performance
- Reduces human intervention
EqualLogic Host Integration Tools
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
- Comprehensive data protection and availability
- Integrated storage management
- Reliable performance
- Streamlined array configuration
EqualLogic SAN Headquarters
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralised monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.